hey matt,
the thing is, I didn't see anything in the hip_fix script the projects the
"fix cleaned" volume to surface, so when does that happen?
considering that you mentioned you're currently editing these scripts, I
think we would just use the original FSL FIX, and later project the fix
cleaned volume to surface using your 'fMRISurface' pipeline.

thanks,
Shachar