HDFS-2096 is now committed to trunk. The instructions for building
HDFS can be found in the top-level BUILDING.txt file.

I added a script to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7500
to help with migrating HDFS patches to the new layout.

There are a few follow-up patches that need doing soon (e.g.
HADOOP-7498, HADOOP-7496, MAPREDUCE-2856), but these shouldn't stop
folks from doing development as usual.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this!

Cheers,
Tom