+1

I applied the patch to branch-0.23. It compiles just fine. I built a
distribution tar, deployed it to a 4-node cluster, and ran some smoke tests
with HA enabled. All seemed good.

I also ran the following unit tests, which should exercise the relevant HA
code:

TestOfflineEditsViewer,TestHDFSConcat,TestEditLogRace,TestNameEditsConfigs,TestSaveNamespace,TestEditLogFileOutputStream,TestFileJournalManager,TestCheckpoint,TestEditLog,TestFSEditLogLoader,TestFsLimits,TestSecurityTokenEditLog,TestStorageRestore,TestBackupNode,TestEditLogJournalFailures,TestEditLogTailer,TestEditLogsDuringFailover,TestFailureToReadEdits,TestHASafeMode,TestHAStateTransitions,TestFailureOfSharedDir,TestDNFencing,TestStandbyIsHot,TestGenericJournalConf,TestCheckPointForSecurityTokens,TestNNStorageRetentionManager,TestPersistBlocks,TestPBHelper,TestNNLeaseRecovery

Of these, they all passed except for TestOfflineEditsViewer and
TestPersistBlocks. These failed because the patch obviously doesn't include
changes to a few binary files which the tests rely on. Assuming that when
you merge to branch-0.23 you do an actual svn merge, and don't just apply
the patch, then these won't be a problem.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera