This seems like a really aggressive timeframe for a merge.  We still
haven't implemented:

* Checksum skipping on read and write from lazy persisted replicas.
* Allowing mmaped reads from the lazy persisted data.
* Any eviction strategy other than LRU.
* Integration with cache pool limits (how do HDFS-4949 and lazy
persist replicas share memory)?
* Eviction from RAM disk via truncation (HDFS-6918)
* Metrics
* System testing to find out how useful this is, and what the best
eviction strategy is.

I see why we might want to defer checksum skipping, metrics, allowing
mmap, eviction via truncation, and so forth until later.  But I feel
like we need to figure out how this will integrate with the memory
used by HDFS-4949 before we merge.  I also would like to see another
eviction strategy other than LRU, which is a very poor eviction
strategy for scanning workloads.  I mentioned this a few times on the
JIRA.

I'd also like to get some idea of how much testing this has received
in a multi-node cluster.  What makes us confident that this is the
right time to merge, rather than in a week or two?

best,
Colin