HADOOP-12009 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12009) patches the
FS javadoc and contract tests to say "the order you get things back from a
listStatus() isn't guaranteed to be alphanumerically sorted"

That's one of those assumptions which we all have, but which, when you think
about it, doesn't have to be guaranteed.

I'm going to commit the patch with the updated docs. Before I do that, does
anyone have any objection -that is, is there some fundamental constraint which
requires it to come back sorted? Such as the FS APIs and other apps which do
expect that sorting, and which are going to break if the rules change? If so,
they may need to be looked at.

-Steve