From: Aaron T. Myers [mailto:a...@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:44 AM
To: hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop encryption module as Apache Chimera incubator project

+1 for Hadoop depending upon Chimera, assuming Chimera can get
hosted/released under some Apache project umbrella. If that's Apache Commons
(which makes a lot of sense to me) then I'm also a big +1 on Andrew's
suggestion that we make it a separate module.

Uma, would you be up for approaching the Apache Commons folks saying that you'd
like to contribute Chimera? I'd recommend saying that Hadoop and Spark are both
on board to depend on this.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera