> My question is, could we consider to adopt the approach for libhadoop.so
>library?

This is something that I have proposed already in HADOOP-11127.  There is
not consensus on proceeding with it from the contributors in that
discussion.  There are some big challenges around how it would impact the
release process.  I also have not had availability to prototype an
implementation to make a stronger case for feasibility.  Kai, if this is
something that you're interested in, then I encourage you to join the
discussion in HADOOP-11127 or even pick up prototyping work if you'd like.
 Since we have that existing JIRA, let's keep this mail thread focused
just on Chimera.  Thank you!

Uma and everyone, thank you for the proposal.  +1 to proceed.

--Chris Nauroth