I'm not super happy about the alternative of reverting the auto-generated
CHANGES/RL JIRAs, since it means we have to do CHANGES.txt maintenance
again in branch-2. That's an overhead that we pay for every commit, and
it's particularly bad when doing backports.

As I commented on HADOOP-12892, I think the backport should be possible,
and hopefully without backporting all the conflicting JIRAs. Maybe another
bash-savvy contributor could attempt it?