Thanks for the new RC, Junping. I built from source and tried it out on a 2-node cluster with HA enabled. I ran a pi job and some streaming jobs. I tested that localization and failover work correctly, and I played a little with the YARN and HDFS web UIs.

I did encounter an old friend of mine, which is that if you submit a streaming job with input that is only 1 block, you will nonetheless get 2 mappers that both process the same split. What's new this time is that the second mapper was consistently failing on certain input sizes. I (re)verified that the issue also exists is 2.7.3, so it's not a regression. I'm pretty sure it's been there since at least 2.6.0. I filed MAPREDUCE-6864 for it.

Given that my issue was not a regression, I'm +1 on the RC.

Daniel