      From: Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
 To: "common-...@hadoop.apache.org" <common-...@hadoop.apache.org>;
"yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org" <yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org>;
"mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org" <mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org>;
"hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:34 PM
 Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 RC0

Hi folks,

Thanks as always to the many, many contributors who helped with this
release. I've created RC0 for Apache Hadoop 3.0.0. The artifacts are
available here:

http://people.apache.org/~wang/3.0.0-RC0/

This vote will run 5 days, ending on Nov 19th at 1:30pm Pacific.

3.0.0 GA contains 291 fixed JIRA issues since 3.0.0-beta1. Notable
additions include the merge of YARN resource types, API-based configuration
of the CapacityScheduler, and HDFS router-based federation.

I've done my traditional testing with a pseudo cluster and a Pi job. My +1
to start.

Best,
Andrew