bq. (a) The behavior of this command. Clearly, it will conflict with the
MapReduce JHS - only one of them can be started on the same node.

Yes,Since the PID <http://(a) The behavior of this command. Clearly, it
will conflict with the MapReduce JHS - only one of them can be started on
the same node.> file will be same.

This problem will not present in branch-2.9 + as pid file will be suffix
with mapred(for JHS)
<https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/branch-2.9/hadoop-mapreduce-project/bin/mr-jobhistory-daemon.sh#L93>and
yarn (for AHS)
<https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/branch-2.9/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/bin/yarn-daemon.sh#L95>..i.e
PID is exported on each daemon script.

May be,
1) Change the name
2) Create PID based on the CLASS Name, here applicationhistoryserver and
jobhistoryserver
3) Use same as branch-2.9..i.e suffixing with mapred or yarn

@allen, any thoughts on this..?

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 2:46 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org

--

--Brahma Reddy Battula