Hi Xun,

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm glad to see the existing momentum made
by Submarine community, and I like the proposal to make it be a separate
Git repo.

Some suggestions:

1) For options mentioned by Sunil: I think it's better to be a separate Git
repo instead of a branch. To me, the branch is targeted for a
diverged codebase instead of a new codebase. Since Submarine needs a clean
root source code directory. I think moving to a new Git repo makes more
sense.

2) For the Submarine external code, when we pulling them in, I think we
need to make sure license, iCLA, code comply with Apache standard. Which
means we need to do some additional reviews, etc. for patches being pulled
in. (instead of as-is).

3) Can we address comments from @Wei-Chiu Chuang <weic...@apache.org> , to
give some extra time for existing Hadoop committers/contributors who have
interests to review the code? Waiting for at least 1 day for a big patch
and 6 hours for a minor fix might be a good rule to follow. And @Wei-Chiu
Chuang <weic...@apache.org> please let Submarine community know if you have
anything interested to review so developers can ping you when they have any
patches.

Best,
Wangda