On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 9:07 AM 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nits: You can change the jenkins job config to not trigger pre commit build
> for stale PRs if only the base branch is changed. By default, either the PR
> itself changed, or the base branch is changed, the branch sources plugin
> will both trigger a build. You can add a Change requests option, and select
> 'Ignore rebuilding merge branches when only the target branch changed'. So
> the stale PRs will not waste jenkins build resources any more.
>
> +1 for this. If old PRs want to be tested by their creator, they can
rebase. Having a way to ask jenkins to do it on the PR lets other.

> And on retesting a PR, just go to the pipeline jenkins job, find the
> related job for the PR, and click build manually.

   1. I like the command approach. Spark has this, and some gerrit
   pipelines do.
   2. I've just tried to do this on a PR (
   https://github.com/apache/hadoop/pull/1404) but can't see how to. The
   precommit hdfs job only takes the JIRA number and looks for an attachment,
   judging by the way it is failing to merge things in

https://builds.apache.org/view/PreCommit%20Builds/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build/27830/

Is there another build or some trick I should use?
Ni