From: felix gao [gre1...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 6:42 AM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: namenode grows overtime

Koji,

There is no Java options specified other than -Xmx24g, what are some of the
recommended options for namenode?

Thanks,

Felix

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Koji Noguchi
<knogu...@yahoo-inc.com<mailto:knogu...@yahoo-inc.com>> wrote:
Hi Felix,

Taking  jmap –histo:live <pid> would tell you what’s occupying the heap.

Are you using  UseConcMarkSweepGC?
If yes, and if you see bunch of
  java.net.SocksSocketImpl
  sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl
from jmap histo outputs, try passing    -XX:-CMSConcurrentMTEnabled .

Background: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7113118

Koji

On 1/18/12 3:23 PM, "felix gao" <gre1...@gmail.com<http://gre1...@gmail.com>>