-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Daniel
Lovins
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 5:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Rettberg, Dan; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; Rabenstein, Bernie; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Uniform Titles for Bible (5JSC/LC/8)

Dear colleagues,

I have received comments from three of you, and so far (with myself making
4) there seems to be a consensus that the adoption of proposal 5JSC/LC/8
would not in fact serve the interests of AJL libraries. Of course, four
opinions is not a statistically valid sample of our group, and I recognize
that some of your are on vacation (or just became parents!) and therefore
might not be able to respond. But the deadline is Aug. 27th, and I need to
be able to give some kind of feedback to CCDA before then.

Please take a look at the attached report and let me know what you think.
It really only covers the first point of the proposal, since the other two
were relatively minor (e.g., substituting abbreviated forms with
spelled-out forms).

I would like to get an up or down vote from each committee member so I can
speak on behalf the full committee. If there turns out not to be a
consensus--or even majority opinion--I can indicate this in the report too.
I also very much value input from those not on the committee.

Thanks for your interest.

Daniel
-------------------------------

Daniel Lovins