Based on another book by him (and an Arabic dictionary) it's mulukhiyah.

Rachel

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Talbott
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:52 AM
To: heb-naco@lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Cc: yossi Galron
Subject: molokheyah?

i've got a book here with a word in the title that i think is arabic:

[mem-vav-lamed-vav-kaf-yud-yud-heh] shel ima / nisim zohar.

the english langauge title on the t.p. verso: my mother's soup.

the word looks like it might be the declined form of the arabic equivalent
to mara[dot]k.  this is nice and all, but this doesn't help me vocalize it.
there is a partial vocalization on p. 35; there's a segol under the kaf, but
this doesn't help me much.

thanks in advance