Thank you very much, Yossi!
Joan

>>> Joseph Galron <galro...@osu.edu> 3/9/2009 12:53 AM >>>
According to JNUL (NNL record no. *002620286)*

mahariah (there is a Het at the end) it is:  Yisrael Hayim ben Yehudah
Fridman, 1852-1922

http://aleph500.huji.ac.il/F?func=find-b&request=002620286&find_code=SYS&local_base=nnl01

In the authority data-base I found:  Fridman, Yisrael Hayim, b. 1858 or 9
(NAR  n  92027731)
I guess it is the same guy (but I did not check other sources)

Yossi

--
Joseph (Yossi) Galron-Goldschlaeger
Head, Hebraica & Jewish Studies  Library