From: Shinohara, Jasmin <jsh...@upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 3:39 PM
Subject: RE: [Heb-NACO] Name of divinity
To: Robert M. TALBOTT <rtalb...@library.berkeley.edu>, Miller, Caroline <
crmil...@library.ucla.edu>

There are exactly 2 records in LC that use Yeya (the one you cite and
lccn2011383449, which oddly has both Yeya and Yeyi). In contrast, there are
several more records that use Y.Y. So much for “past practice”. I’m also
not sure that anyone, with the exception of scholars, are aware that there
is a vocalized form, or how useful that form is to the user.

The *HCM-RDA *specifies: “Abbreviations representing the Tetragrammaton are
romanized as they appear.”

Just my half pfennig…