Hi Vanessa:

Funny that you should bring this up.  The guys over at Daily Dose of
Aramaic just started Targum Neofiti, where the tetragrammaton is
represented by three yuds. It came up in today's episode, in fact:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Xggufo6gk__;!!KGKeukY!0BuCOrizAWaiASUj2dIJqRbZED_Hjjn3OcxOMsvsIPhAzlrd2SfzueihIbwgZTM81NfMKT52pyjpAAsDuJz4A1Tt84EZwVWA5g$

For romanization:  I don't believe this has come up on the list serve
before.  Even Shoshan is mum on the issue, so I think I'd go with Y.Y.Y.

My tupence.

Bob

On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 4:15 AM Freedman, Vanessa via Heb-naco <
heb-naco@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> How would you Romanise ייי used for the divine name? Records in OCLC for
> the Hebrew and Latin Bible of 1534 with Sebastian Münster’s translation,
> which has the Hebrew title מקדש ייי, Romanise it as yeyai, Yeyā and Y''Y.
> Following HCM I would
>
> How would you Romanise ייי used for the divine name? Records in OCLC for
> the Hebrew and Latin Bible of 1534 with Sebastian Münster’s translation,
> which has the Hebrew title מקדש ייי, Romanise it as yeyai, Yeyā and
> Y''Y. Following HCM I would have thought it should be Y.Y.Y. or possibly
> YYY.
>

> Thanks
>

> Vanessa
>

> Vanessa Freedman
>
> Subject Liaison Librarian: Hebrew & Jewish Studies
>

> Pronouns: she/her
>
> Work pattern: Tues, Thurs 10am to 6pm; Weds, Fri 9am to 12.30 pm
>

> Main Library
>
> UCL Library Services
>
> Library, Culture, Collections & Open Science
>
> Gower Street
>
> London
>
> WC1E 6BT
>

> Tel: 020 7679 2598
>
> E-mail: v.freed...@ucl.ac.uk
>
> Twitter: @UCLHJSLibrary @vrfreedman
>
> Appointments
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/vanessafreedmansubjectlibrarianhebrewjewishstud...@live.ucl.ac.uk/bookings/__;!!KGKeukY!3-rUzM8dPF7fAoVzBFzG1zD1-cm5wFI4Xjju8QT5ic8zFWF42HZBjCzZ1wIh6vAsKr3gi0cMgrGuc6j5pgh0cqKffPc$>:
> To make a one-to-one support appointment with me
>
> Hebrew & Jewish Studies subject guide
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://library-guides.ucl.ac.uk/hebrew-jewish-studies__;!!KGKeukY!3-rUzM8dPF7fAoVzBFzG1zD1-cm5wFI4Xjju8QT5ic8zFWF42HZBjCzZ1wIh6vAsKr3gi0cMgrGuc6j5pgh00FT3Sjc$>
>

> **Please remember the environment and only print this if necessary**

Bob Talbott

Hebraica cataloger

UC Berkeley

130 Doe

Berkeley, CA 94720

Lue musaraba shu biburueada Bilgameshe nam habadabkure.