Hey folks,

I know the stability issues over the past couple weeks have been
pretty rough.  No one has felt that pain more than me, let me tell
you.  Explosive user growth + a codebase that's only six months old =
lots late nights and long weekends for me and my partners.

The good news is that the hammering you guys have been giving our
system has given us the opportunity to really tighten things up.  And
I mean REALLY tighten things up.  Although there are no new
user-facing features from our recent efforts, things are totally
different under the hood.  Some examples: our spec coverage is greatly
expanded, particularly in the areas of code that deal with data
integrity; we've created some tools to give ourselves much deeper
visibility into everything that's happening system-wide; and we've had
Amazon raise our instance limit quite a bit so that we can put more
computing resources at your disposal.  These, and a ton of other
internal changes, mean we're finally equipped to deal with the
quantity of usage that Heroku is getting these days.  (And yeah, that
means that starting today we'll be starting to let people in from the
waiting list again.  If you're on the list, hang tight, you should get
your invitation very soon.)

So, I'm going to tempt fate by going on record to say that I believe
these stability issues are behind us.  We might have other issues in
the future, but at least _theses_ ones are done with. :)  What's more,
the new level of solidarity in our code, and the flexibility of our
refactored architecture, are going to serve as a springboard into the
next round of awesome features.  I'm very excited for what's coming
next.

Adam