ok, so I reinstalled the plugins without using submodules, and pushed
them to my app on heroku. also unpacked a missing gem (lockdown) +
dependencies. but I can't run the necessary migrations for this gem, I
keep getting this error, which I haven't figured out yet... my
impression is that postgres doesn't like lockdown's sql?

rake aborted!
PGError: ERROR:  relation "users" does not exist
: ALTER TABLE "users" ADD COLUMN "role" character varying(20)

(in /mnt/home/userapps/35365)
>> Lockdown sync failed: PGError: ERROR:  relation "permissions" does not exist
: SELECT * FROM "permissions"     WHERE (name = E'Investors
Management')  LIMIT 1
== 20080610222144 AddRoleToUsers: migrating ====================
-- add_column("users", :role, :string, {:limit=>20})