On Apr 28, 2009, at 1:50 PM, teejayvanslyke wrote:
> Is anyone else using Heroku for two environments running different
> branches of the same repository on each?  What is your solution?

I'm not doing this, but from my knowledge of git it should be totally
doable. You'd have two heroku apps, for the sake of discussion call
them "myprodapp" and "mystagingapp".

You'd add both of these as remotes to your git repo:
git remote add prod g...@heroku.com:myprodapp.git
git remote add staging g...@heroku.com:mystagingapp.git

Then when you want to push to prod from master do:
git checkout master
git push prod master

When you want to push to staging do:
git checkout edge
git push staging master

Git push can also take a source branch so the checkout isn't even
necessary really. You should be able to do:
git push g...@heroku.com:myprodapp.git master:master
git push g...@heroku.com:mystagingapp.git edge:master

I could be a little off, but that's the basic idea. Check out 'git
push --help' for more details. Also http://grb.rubyforge.org is
helpful for dealing with remote branches.

-Mat