It never occurred to me that the unlimited bundles were a backup strategy.
It's probably because the resources form says "nightly backup soon" - which
indicates that bundles aren't backup, and that backup isn't available yet.

People tend to keep a rolling 7 days of db backup, at least I do.  Having
that as like a $5/mo option, separate from single bundle or unlimited
bundles, would probably be used a lot.  If the heroku costs are pretty much
just S3, having it super cheap (or even free) if you supply your own S3,
would be awesome.

Jim