I am in the same boat as Tim. Despite very low traffic and two active dynos, my
site tends to go down with a permanent "Backlog too deep" and no other
resolution than rebooting the app. It is very frustrating to have the app go
down like this from time to other, with no logs and no way to debug it.

I have no long running processes in the dynos - everything like that goes to
Delayed Job, even sending out emails.

Cheers,
Casper Fabricius