Unfortunately it gives me the same error. I even went ahead and
commented the group :development blockin my Gemfile just in case there
was something I'm requiring for dev that is being left out of
production and breaking it...no dice.

Just for fun I tried migrating to 1.8.7 to see if it ran -- it does
not.

The logs produce the same output every time. Anything else I can
provide that would help determine what it's even looking for? It
boggles my mind that it runs locally - I don't even have ruby 1.9.1
installed...