100k/minute !!! And I was excited about our 1.4k/minute...

As far as I can tell:

Using the UI at api.heroku.com you can get up to 24 dynos.

Using the CLI, 100.

 > heroku dynos 101
 !   Dynos not allowed

My guess is your DB will keel over and die way before the dynos run out. And
upgrading the DB is a long winded process: upgrade plan, go into maintenance
mode, make a backup, restore the backup... Hours for our app.

-christos