A while back, I actually started to write a plugin for the heroku CLI that
would allow this, but then I discovered a little-known secret: there's an
--addons flag for the create command. It takes a comma-separated list of
add-ons and automatically installs them for the app being created:

*$ heroku create --stack bamboo-mri-1.9.2 --addons
custom_domains:basic,memcache:5mb*
Creating electric-window-297........ done
Adding custom_domains:basic to electric-window-297...
Adding logging:expanded to electric-window-297...

I'd love to see a CLI plugin that took this a step further, though, adding
the sorts of configuration options you mentioned.

Ben
---
Ben Scofield
Developer Advocate at Heroku <http://heroku.com>