This isn't something that has affected myself but in selling Heroku to the
other devs at my workplace one thing that people dislike about the Heroku
workflow is that the application is restarted after a code push before
migrations may have been run. They are used a Capistrano style deployment
when the the code is pushed, migrations run and then the app restarted.

What should I tell them to alleviate concerns? I'd have thought use
maintenance mode, deploy the code, do the work and then migrate it then
bring the application back up -

Any one else have any thoughts?

John.