I want to deploy a single codebase to two different Heroku apps.  I'd like
one of the apps to launch an API service, which is a small Rack app defined
in the same codebase of our much larger web app that uses Rails.

Ideally, I'd like to set something on the api app to use a different app
root (and hence different Procfile) for launching the  API.  This way I can
maintain one codebase, but a separate, lightweight API service that still
has access to things like models etc...

Is this possible?  I can't find anything in the docs.

My only other thought was to define a config variable that is the service
to actually launch, then use that in the
Procfile<https://gist.github.com/1752849>,
but this seems a bit messy and possibly error prone.  It would be much
nicer if I could specify which Procfile to use or change the root directory
of the app to launch on a per-app basis.

I know the Foremen gem allows you to specify different Procfiles and app
roots <http://ddollar.github.com/foreman/#OPTIONS>, but does Heroku?