On Monday, 6 February 2012 at 20:16, Bradley wrote:

> So potential errors aren't the only concern.  If my API uses different
> workers/process etc. from the App it becomes a bit onerous to define all
> these different process types using config vars...

Sure, but remember that Heroku won't scale any of the other processes unless
you ask it to.  You can easily declare all the other processes in the Procfile
and scale them as needs be for each deployment of the application (so the names
would need to be unique), only your web process would need to be configurable.

For instance

web:  bundle exec $APP
worker_app1: bundle exec blah
worker_app2: bundle exec blah blah

etc
> Definitely don't want to split my code out (yet) if I can get away with it.
> I wonder if anyone at Heroku can comment on this?  Presumably they have an
> internal mechanism for finding the Procfile, it would be great if this was
> configurable.
If there is it isn't something that they mention in the docs ("Process types
are declared via a file named Procfile placed in the root of your app.") nor is
it something that you really have control with with custom build packs (unless
you want to get /really/ fruity).

-Neil