On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:32:03 AM UTC-7, Troy Davis wrote:

> Even if add-ons don't fit your situation perfectly, the Heroku platform
> and/or those services may. Add-ons cover most cases, but (rightly) don't
> try to cover every last situation.

Thanks for the response. I hope I didn't say anything to suggest that I
expected Heroku's add-ons to cover every last situation.

I think maybe I wasn't clear enough in phrasing my original question.

Let me try again...

Let's say I deployed two apps on Heroku, and (for example) both need Sphinx
Search, which of the following is true?

CASE "A": I pay for the "Flying Sphinx" add-on ONCE. (I've purchased it
generally, for my whole Heroku account and everything running on it.)

CASE "B": I pay for the "Flying Sphinx" add-on TWICE. (Once for each app.)

It isn't clear to me from the add-ons page which one is true.

If an add-on isn't a good fit, you can usually provision the service
> separately (at the expense of SSO, Heroku-managed collaborators, and
> centralized billing).
>

> Troy
>
> --
> @troyd