On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 3:14 PM Jason Fleetwood-Boldt <t...@datatravels.com>
wrote:

> You will note that to achieve this, DNSimple reads Heroku's IP addresses *in
> real time* and updates the DNS record in real time with fixed IP
> addresses.

Not entirely true as there's a wedge of caching in there, but close enough.
 https://support.dnsimple.com/articles/alias-record/

Yes, if you don't care about SSL at the root (that is, you're ok with
> people either using only http://example.com or https://www.example.com),
> any DNS provider will in fact work for you.
>
> As others said, I too believe GoDaddy to be an inferior DNS provider.
> Contrary to popular opinion, not all DNS is created equally.

I wouldn't even call GoDaddy a DNS provider it's that bad.  Move off them
as soon as possible.

---
"Heroku Community" group.
to heroku+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.