I wish I had experience with Thermax.  I too have read it is awesome stuff.
 I sourced it in my area (Seattle).  It was significantly more expensive
per sheet than RMax, it was special order, and there was a minimum amount
you had to order (I forget how much, but it was in the range of 2.5-3.5
H12s) so I'd have to get a posse together to make it worthwhile.  Was too
much so I passed.

I opted for 1" RMax.  It was fine as far as construction materials go.  I
suspect with good care and feeding it can last several years at the burn
(though last year was pretty mild once it started).  Be careful with what
and how you tape to it, the silver facing can come off pretty easy.

For the use of it... awesome, my family and I totally loved it!  And
they're so BIG, we were able to house another family of 3 and still have
ample space for stuff.

Good luck!
Dano!