Keep in mind that you're building a yurt out of foam board sandwiched
between paper and foil. It was never meant to provide any structural or
sheer strength, so we're already pushing the envelope trying to build yurts
with foam and tape.

The foam sheets will crack or fold under pressure. They ding easily and
sometimes will cave when tape is removed. With the 1" thick stock you're
getting 33% less than the 1.5" and if you don't bother to bevel cut the
joining edges you'll have even less structural support.

The beauty of the yurts is that they are designed to transfer load (force)
from the roof to the ground. All the sides and roof panels work together to
create a structure that will withstand high winds and flying bodies.
Imagine the buzz kill when you return to camp and find that your yurt's
been flattened by a stumbling drunk, or cut in half by a high-speed
darktard. Do yourself a favor and get the 1.5% paneling.

PS: Proper etiquette is to build with the manufacturer's logo on the
inside, but RMax is often stamped on both sides.

Phil Dirt