On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 at 12:16, Yoann Rodiere <yo...@hibernate.org> wrote:

> > Yet I'm convinced that having a release
> > which provides full JPA 3.0 TCK between 5 and 6 (or however it gets
> > renamed) would be no good to us, as it would create an adoption
> > barrier for both cathegories of people: the ones not interested to
> > migrate away from JPA2, and the ones not interested to migrate beyond
> > JPA3.
>
> I get that, but I'm definitely not as hopeful as you are as to the
> reliability of those bytecode hacks you mentioned. But I guess that's an
> uphill battle.

I hear you: I'll make sure to focus on reading the mapping
(annotations) can be done as an independent PR and POC; not planning
to use any bytecode hacks for that.

I believe the mapping is actually the most important aspect: we can
drop the others, or iterate on such aspects later if we feel like we
need more.

Regarding on ORM7, ORM8 ... I remember talking about such options with
Steve and I believe he was open to it but we both agreed it's a last
resort choice, so let's hope that won't be necessary.

Thanks,
Sanne