Thanks Kevin!

Copyright is always owned by the code author unless explicitly assigned to
someone else, or unless the code is a "work for hire". My contract with
JBoss states explicitly that work I do on Hibernate is not "for hire" and
I retain all copyright on Hibernate. Any code that anyone else writes and
contributes to Hibernate is of course owned by them (unless they have some
kind of contract with =their= employer).

However, with the LGPL, it doesn't especially matter who owns copyright.
However, this arrangement does mean that only the code authors (and never
JBG) could ever take Hibernate and =change= the license.

It goes w/o saying that we will never change the Hibernate license to
anything more (eg. take it closed source).