We can’t use H3 unfortunately because we do not have enough time to add H3 support to Spring.  Is there any way this patch can be applied to H2?

From: William Draï [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 11:22 AM
To: Emmanuel Bernard
Cc: March, Andres; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Hibernate] Polymorphic queries, where and order by

I haven't yet tested with H3. I think there were no change logs related to this.
I will try as soon as I have enough time.

We can live without this "feature" for a few more weeks.

Thank you for your anwser.

Speaking from memory,
Gavin did implement something on the (now dead 2.2 branch). It now has been reporded on H3. Did you test it?
I can remembe, he'd implemented the transparent subclassing (no special keyword).

March, Andres wrote:

I'm sorry if I expand the subject a little.  We pulled a patch off the forums some where that allows us to order by any association.  I was wondering why this patch never got applied.  It seems it would be useful in this situation as well.  I am really uncomfortable using a patched hibernate because there are less eyes on it and it makes upgrading harder.  I can submit the patch as we've applied it if you like.  But also let me know if there is any reason for not allowing this type of functionality.  It has been extremely useful to us in our searches as I think it would be to others.