On Apr 28, 2005, at 7:26 PM, Gavin King wrote:

Only rule (2) is suspect. We don’t need it, and I can get rid of it if you guys like. I’ve added it because I think it might help reduce the number of forum questions from people who wonder “why do I get lazy fetching when fetch=join?”.

Not following the forums much, is that really a problem?

Note that the association-level lazy setting is now *completely respected*. if I run a HQL query and some of the objects in the result set have non-lazy associations, those associations will be *immediately fetched*.

Major change, has to be announced on homepage for 3.0.3 release.