On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:15:01 +0200, Steve Ebersole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Here's another concern with the current impl for
ThreadLocalSessionContext:  the static accessors.  Basically the way
this is setup right now, users will nt be able to use this
simultaneously for multiple session-factories...

oh - thats not nice. This becomes a global thing...would it make sense
to have getCurrentSession(string name); ...hmm i guess not...it is equally
"hard" to keep track of the current name as well as the current sessionfactory.

bummer...i had hoped to use this in the eclipse plugin, but cant because I actually here by its nature can/will have multiple session-factories with different strategies.

oh well - its still a good thing for 98% of the worlds applications ;)

/max

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Max
Rydahl Andersen
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 10:32 AM
To: Hibernate development
Subject: [Hibernate] ThreadLocalSessionContext javadoc inconsistency

hi,

javadoc for ThreadLocalSessionContext state:

"it unsafe for this impl to actually generate Session instances; thus it

does not"

but at currentSession it does the following:

                if (current == null) {
                        log.debug("Current thread doesn't have a
session, opening new");
                        bind(factory.openSession( null,

Which one should it be ?

btw. any reason why we can't return Session instead of classical.Session
?

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate