Steve Ebersole wrote:
Ah yes!  Forgot that it already knows about the SF to which it is bound
via its constructor.  So really the only changes needed here is to the
"static portion" of ThreadLocalSessionContext.

Well, it's a trivial implementation.  We should either include it or at
the very least post it to the Wiki.  If we add it to the distro, then at
least I'd have more then 3 things in that new package :)  I could even
refactor the Synchronization into a top-level class; then I'd have 5
things in that package :))

Make it so :) Btw, I'd like to change the Session.getTransaction() method to return null if no transaction is going on. Otherwise we really don't have a way to test if the Session has a transaction. I'd like to do session.getTransaction().commit() in an interceptor without starting one. So either getTransaction() has to return null or we need a session.hasTransaction().