> The day you write a (needed and usefull!) unittest that is not possible
> in our current setup then lets talk ;)

I've already created patch with couple testcases using same package layout on purpose.

> No reason to change what just works.

reasons: every time the developer cannot unit test non-public method / class w/o public constructor. (every day :) ?)

Anyway I will just contribute a patch and let's see what you say...

PS
Whatever you say, the failing tests / unreasonable test packaging just impact the project credibility. But it's just my opinion and my collegues.

Thanks,
Szczepan

On 6/9/06, Max Rydahl Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> b) But what's the reason of making surprising test subpackage (I've never
> seen something like that)? You can still have integration/acceptance test
> cases in 'normal' package or even in different source folder.
> Unreasonable
> subpackage makes it hard to write real unit test, you cannot test non
> public methods, you cannot instantiate some classes etc. Don't you have a
> refactoring plan to remove test subpackage?

No reason to change what just works.

The day you write a (needed and usefull!) unittest that is not possible
in our current setup then lets talk ;)

/max

> Thanks,
> Szczepan
>

> On 6/8/06, Max Rydahl Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > 1. Why there are about 10 failing test after getting project from svn?
>>
>> a) if the method ends in "FailureExpected", then it is an expected
>> failure
>> which represents a known bug/issue.
>>     To make the test pass, fix the bug ;)
>>
>> b) others depend on your db, but for the moment I only have
>> failureExpected methods.
>>
>> > 2. Why do you keep test files in strange org.hibernate.test package?
>> > Shouldn't it be same package as sources (e.g. org.hibernate...)
>>
>> Not strange at all and there is no need to have them in the same
>> package.
>> Alot of our tests is "usecase" based tests which does not fit 100% into
>> the implmentation "layout".
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Max Rydahl Andersen