I am creating a similar test in the core testsuite and see if I can
reproduce.

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Andersen
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:53 PM
To: Emmanuel Bernard; Steve Ebersole
Cc: Hibernate development
Subject: Re: [Hibernate] New error on Annotation query

This should be controlled by calls to Dialect.registerHibernateType()
and
whatever the underlying db returns.

This has not changed afaik.

/max

> The initial issue is fixed,
> But now I do have some weird type conversion using HSQLDB (didn't
tried
> the other ones).
>
> basically I do have
> public Dimension() {
>   private int length;
>   private int width;
> }
>
> ints are converted into INTEGER types at the DB level, fine
>
> The following native SQL query, mapped using scalar autodiscovery
> select length * width as surface, length * width * 10 as volume ...
>
> returns String for the first argument and Double for the second
> The same query used to return BigInteger for the first one and
> BigDecimal for the second.
>

> Steve Ebersole wrote:
>>
>> Try it again from SVN.

org.hibernate.loader.custom.CustomLoader$NonScalarResultColumnProcessor.
>> performDiscovery(CustomLoader.java:453)
>>     at

org.hibernate.loader.custom.CustomLoader.autoDiscoverTypes(CustomLoader.
>> java:511)
>>     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.getResultSet(Loader.java:1677)
>>     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:662)
>>     at

org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loade
>> r.java:224)
>>     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2144)
>>     at
>> org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2028)
>>     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2023)
>>     at
>> org.hibernate.loader.custom.CustomLoader.list(CustomLoader.java:290)
>>     at
>> org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.listCustomQuery(SessionImpl.java:1695)
>>     at

org.hibernate.impl.AbstractSessionImpl.list(AbstractSessionImpl.java:142
>> )
>>     at org.hibernate.impl.SQLQueryImpl.list(SQLQueryImpl.java:150)
>>     at

org.hibernate.test.annotations.query.QueryTest.testNativeQueryAndComposi
>> tePKAndComponents(QueryTest.java:195)
>>     at

>> a:39)
>>     at

>> Impl.java:25)
>>     at
org.hibernate.test.annotations.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:67)
>>     at

com.intellij.rt.execution.junit2.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:32)
>>     at

>> a:39)
>>     at

>> Impl.java:25)
>>     at
>> com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
>>

>> @NamedNativeQuery(name = "compositekey",
>>         query = "select name, model, speed, lname as lastn, fname as
>> firstn, length, width, length * width as surface, length * width *10
as
>> volume from SpaceShip",
>>         resultSetMapping = "compositekey")
>>         }
>>

>> @SqlResultSetMapping(name = "compositekey",
>>         entities = @EntityResult(entityClass =
>> org.hibernate.test.annotations.query.SpaceShip.class,
>>                 fields = {
>>                 @FieldResult(name = "name", column = "name"),
>>                 @FieldResult(name = "model", column = "model"),
>>                 @FieldResult(name = "speed", column = "speed"),
>>                 @FieldResult(name = "dimensions.width", column =
>> "width"),
>>                 @FieldResult(name = "captain.lastname", column =
>> "lastn"),
>>                 @FieldResult(name = "dimensions.length", column =
>> "length"),
>>                 @FieldResult(name = "captain.firstname", column =
>> "firstn")
>>                         }),
>>         columns = [EMAIL PROTECTED](name = "surface"),
>>         @ColumnResult(name = "volume")})

> All the advantages of Linux Managed Hosting--Without the Cost and
Risk!
> Fully trained technicians. The highest number of Red Hat
certifications
> in
> the hosting industry. Fanatical Support. Click to learn more

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
[EMAIL PROTECTED]