bismi-lLahi-rRahmani-rRahiem
In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful

=== News Update ===

Eliminating Truth: The Development Of War Propaganda

The attack on Iraq looks set to be the most censored conflict of modern
times. Media coverage in mainstream media will be controlled as never
before. The US is determined to eliminate independent reporting of and from
Iraq and it will go to unprecedented lengths to ensure that its propaganda
and spin will dominate media agendas in the UK and US and it will expend
massive resources in minimising critical coverage across the world.
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0303/S00277.htm

===

Air Jesus: With The Evangelical Air Force

Perhaps the most startling moment of the morning was an appearance by
popular Christian Zionist author, Kay Arthur of Precepts Ministries. "I
love America," Arthur said, her voice quivering with emotion. "But if it
came to a choice between Israel and America, I would stand with Israel."
While the crowd applauded tepidly, I looked around and saw more than a few
faces cringing with embarrassment.
http://www.mediatransparency.org/stories/nrbconvention.html

===

Does the US Rule the World?

by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

A scene from the theater of the absurd: the US Supreme Court hears a case
concerning whether the Americans With Disabilities Act applies to foreign
cruise ships porting in US harbors. It seems that some disabled people sued
a Norwegian company because it discriminated against them. The case was
batted around several courts until it landed in the hands of the America's
own Wizards of Oz, as if anyone can solve such a tangled web of nonsense.
http://mparent7777.blog-city.com/read/1117511.htm

===

More War Crimes

Twisting the Minds of the American People

By BRIAN CLOUGHLEY

Let me paint a word picture. An unarmed, wounded American soldier is lying
helpless, bleeding and barely conscious on the floor of a church in a
country with which the US is at war. An armed soldier of that country walks
up to the wounded American. It so happens that a TV cameraman is present.
He films the foreign soldier shouting, "He's fucking faking he's dead!" One
of his comrades says "And he's breathing". The first soldier again yells
"He's faking he's fucking dead!" He then kills the helpless, wounded man
with a burst of fire that blows his head off and spatters the room with
blood and tiny bits of flesh and bone. One of the foreign soldiers says
"He's dead, now."
http://mparent7777.blog-city.com/read/1117509.htm

===

“The Tools of Tyrants” - Jose Padilla and the 10 Commandments

So long as Padilla sits in prison, deprived of all his constitutional
rights, there are no guarantees of personal liberty in America.

By Mike Whitney

It shouldn’t surprise us that the Supreme Court has decided to take a case
about the public displaying of the 10 Commandments, but refused to hear the
case of Jose Padilla, the alleged “dirty bomber”.
http://207.44.245.159/article8206.htm

===

Land of ‘Murka’

An Inside Look at George W. Bush’s “Murka”
The religion of millions of Murkans is the Almighty Dollar; their god is
greed; their temple of worship the television monitor sitting in the center
of family affairs

By Manuel Valenzuela

Murka is the land of profit over people, revenues over integrity,
corporations over citizens, pollution over environment, the bottom line
over universal principles of humanity, injustice and inequality over
justice and equality, greed over reason, and the addiction to wealth over
the virtue of moderation.
http://207.44.245.159/article8210.htm

===

US foreign policy: It is two-faced and despicable :

Sure, India must be friendly with Washington; national interests come
first, as late J N Dixit, National Security Adviser, would have said, but
even when making friends, we should have no illusions about what friends
are like, in this case, the United States of America.
http://newstodaynet.com/guest/0703GU1.htm

===

My truth By Giuliana Sgrena

At that point a rain of fire and bullets came at us, forever silencing the
happy voices from a few minutes earlier. The driver started shouting we
were Italians, "We are Italians! We are Italians . . ." Nicola Calipari
dove on top of me to protect me and immediately, and I mean immediately, I
felt his last breath as he died on me. I must have felt physical pain, I
didn't know why. But I had a sudden thought: I recalled my abductors'
words. They said they were deeply committed to releasing me, but that I had
to be careful because "the Americans don't want you to return."
http://www.onlinejournal.com/Media/030605Sgrena/030605sgrena.html

===

Is Lebanon walking into another nightmare?

By Robert Fisk in Beirut

Have we forgotten 150,000 dead? Have we forgotten the Western hostages?
Have we forgotten the 241 Americans who died in the suicide bombing of 23
October 1983? This democracy, if it comes, will be drenched with blood -
but the blood will be that of the Lebanese who live here, not that of the
foreigners who wish to bestow freedom upon them.
http://207.44.245.159/article8208.htm

===

Agent Orange, Depleted Uranium and “Eating Your Own”

By: Jack Dalton

I’ve been thinking about the article I read about the lawsuit some
Vietnamese people brought against the U.S. government for the use of Agent
Orange during the 10 year American War in Vietnam—20 million gallons of
it—and thinking about it deeply. The entire issue of Agent Orange use and
contamination is a real sore spot with me on a personal level, as it is
with many of us who were in Vietnam and in contact with that “stuff.”
http://oldamericancentury.org/dalt_1060.htm

===

Iraqi Election: So much for illusions

Despite the election, ordinary Iraqis face a daily struggle to survive
attacks, kidnappings and killings

Haifa Zangana  - Monday March 7, 2005, The Guardian

Behind the facade of post-election political process, despite Tony Blair's
desire to move on and George Bush's attempt to mend fences with Europe, in
Iraq the atrocities continue to mount. Some, like the Hilla attack, are
Zarqawi-style, with hundreds dead and wounded. Others are more mundane and
sustained, like US warplanes bombing suspect houses in Ramadi, Hit, or
Mosul, roadblock killings in Najaff, or post-curfew hunting by snipers in
Sammara.
http://mparent7777.blog-city.com/read/1117490.htm

===

Iraqi Resistance Distances Itself From Civilian Blood:

The resistance faction called on its members to avoid cooperation, of any
kind, with armed groups involved in killing Iraqis or civilians.
http://www.islamonline.org/English/News/2005-03/07/article05.shtml

===

Italy honours officer slain by US:

Italy has paid homage to an intelligence officer killed in Iraq by US
forces, giving him a full state funeral that was tinged with anger over how
he was gunned down while protecting a freed Italian hostage.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/32D3D404-CC5E-4FDE-8C33-A784F54F6A87.htm

http://tinyurl.com/5uoa6

===

Italian hostage accuses US of trying to kill her as thousands mourn her
rescuer :

The former Italian hostage who saw her rescuer shot dead at a US checkpoint
in Baghdad said yesterday they might have been targeted because of US
objections to Italy's policy of negotiating with kidnappers.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1432040,00.html

===

Outrage as US soldiers kill hostage rescue hero :

'The hardest moment was when I saw the person who had saved me die in my
arms,' she said. Her poignant words and weak, haggard appearance as she had
to be helped from the jet that brought her back from Baghdad are fuelling
national rage.
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1431436,00.html

===

Shattered bridges:

Is there more to the abduction of Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena than
meets the eye?
http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2005/732/in2.htm

===

UK opposition party demands withdrawal of troops from Iraq :

British Prime Minister Tony Blair faced renewed criticism over his Iraq
policy on Saturday when the leader of the opposition Liberal Democrats
Charles Kennedy urged him to withdraw British troops from Iraq.
http://207.44.245.159/article8211.htm

===

U.S. used banned weapons in Fallujah: health ministry :

Dr. Khalid ash-Shaykhli, an official at Iraq’s health ministry, said that
the U.S. military used internationally banned weapons during its deadly
offensive in the city of Fallujah.
http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=7216

http://tinyurl.com/5qcx8

===

In case you missed it:

Napalm Raid on Falluja? :

73 charred bodies -- women and children -- were found : We buried them, but
we could not identify them because they were charred from the napalm bombs
used by the Americans
http://www.ilmanifesto.it/pag/sgrena/en/420dd721e0ff0.html

===

In case you missed it: Napalm bombs in the Iraq war :

Until now, the Pentagon denied strictly any use of Napalm in the Iraq-war
and repelled all suspicions made by US-journalists who were in Iraq with
the US troops as embedded journalists . But this was a lie . As John Goetz
and Georg Restle have found out now ."
http://207.44.245.159/article4395.htm

===

At least 25 dead in Iraq attacks as parties thrash out coalition deal:

The worst bloodshed happened in Balad, north of Baghdad, when a suicide
bomber blew up his vehicle at the home of an Iraqi army officer, killing 15
people, who included at least two soldiers, and wounding 23, police said.
http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=38143

===

Bulgaria presses Washington over 'friendly fire' death in Iraq:

Bulgaria's Defence Minister Nikolay Svinarov said on Monday that US
friendly fire was to blame for the death on Friday of a Bulgarian
machinegunner.
http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=38144

===

Lawyers' panel indicts Bush, Blair:

US President George Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair deserve life
sentences, with the possibility of parole after 25 years, for the war
crimes and genocide in Iraq, according to a lawyers' panel.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/D8C1C363-308C-41F7-8B32-935312621768.htm

http://tinyurl.com/4jytm

===

FLASHBACK: Three Months On, Tension Lingers Near the Pentagon

Velasquez says the gas station's security cameras are close enough to the
Pentagon to have recorded the moment of impact. "I've never seen what the
pictures looked like," he said. "The FBI was here within minutes and took
the film."
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/12/1211_wirepentagon.html

===

Bush Appoints Right-Wing Extremist to UN Post :

In a breathtaking victory for right-wing hawks, U.S. President George W.
Bush has nominated Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and
International Security John Bolton to become his next ambassador to the
United Nations.
http://207.44.245.159/article8211.htm

===

More On "John Bolton"
http://tinyurl.com/5ddjp

===

Charge him or let him go:

Holding U.S. citizens indefinitely with no recourse or prospect of
resolving their status is un-American and just plain wrong.
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/opinion/11070182.htm

http://tinyurl.com/4oheg

===

Join the club:

The top ten other regimes that imprison without trial:
http://www.sundayherald.com/48170

===

AP Linked to Disinfo on Sgrena's Story of Shooting

New Story Location: Full Story Here
http://wagnews.blogspot.com/2005/03/right-wing-bloggers-fake-sgrena-car.html
http://wagnews.blogspot.com/2005/03/ap-linked-to-disinfo-on-sgrenas-story.html

===

CIA Flying Suspects To Torture:

Witnesses tell the same story: masked men in an unmarked jet seize their
target, cut off his clothes, put him in a blindfold and jumpsuit,
tranquilize him and fly him away. They're describing U.S. agents collaring
terrorism suspects.
http://207.44.245.159/article8204.htm

===

U.S. targets spy services abroad:

The new mission for counterintelligence is to identify foreign spies and
terrorist threats, and then develop "a counterintelligence doctrine of
attacking foreign intelligence services systematically via strategic
counterintelligence operations,"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/functions/print.php?StoryID=20050305-111738-8027r

http://tinyurl.com/65v3u

===

The Syrian Hoax:

Once again the Bush propaganda machine has swung into action, inciting
America to believe there’s a terrible threat to the world’s future ­ a
threat that must be destroyed, by force if necessary. And that threat is Syria.
http://harrybrowne.org/articles/SyrianHoax.htm

===

What's Happening in Lebanon:

The sad part is that Israel produces "evidences" that are always "bought"
in Washington.
http://www.counterpunch.com/leupp03052005.html

===

Syria Orders Hamas, Jihad Leaders Out:

“Syria closed the offices of (Islamic) Jihad and Hamas, cut off their phone
lines and ordered (Ramadan) Shallah and (Khaled) Meshaal to leave its
territory,” ex-head of the Palestinian National Council, Khaled Al-Fahoum,
told IOL
http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-03/07/article03.shtml

===

Reporters say there are signs that's Syria moving troops in Lebanon
http://tinyurl.com/6dudd

===

Hizbollah Warns Against Withdrawal of Syrian Troops From Lebanon:

Lebanon's most powerful and only armed party - Hizbollah - called for
peaceful protests on Tuesday in support of Syria and warned of mayhem if
Syrian troops were to leave.

===

Israel: Partial Syrian pullout not enough :

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon wants Syria to withdraw completely from
Lebanon, and will not be satisfied with only a partial pullout.

===

Uri Avnery: US policy risking civil war in Lebanon and chaos in Syria:

  When the banners of "freedom" and "democracy" are hoisted over a crusade
by an avaricious and irresponsible superpower, the results can be catastrophic.
http://www.redress.btinternet.co.uk/uavnery116.htm

===

Study: Young American Jews ambivalent toward Israel :

"The attachment of American Jews to Israel has weakened measurably in the
last two years," according to a study carried out by Prof. Steven Cohen of
the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, a leading researcher of U.S. Jewry.

===

Washington Post tries to dismiss Sgrena assassination attempt with the "it
happens all the time" excuse

Posted Mar 7, 2005 07:45 AM PST - Category: ASSASSINATION
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A12507-2005Mar6.html

===

New York Times Continues to Stereotype Bloggers

Methinks the mainstream media doth protest too much!
http://newsclipautopsy.blogspot.com/2005/03/mistruth-new-york-times-continues-to.html

===

How dare some say, 'Support our troops'? :

Someone recently informed me that they didn't know that my son was being
deployed to Iraq and asked why I hadn't told them. I really didn't have an
answer.
http://207.44.245.159/article8209.htm

===

They're back from Iraq, but are they OK?:

One still jumps if you touch his neck. Others refuse to sleep in beds.
Those who do may awake in a sweat.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/214804_ephratafolo07.html

===

The Silent Scream:

P.T.S.D. is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ~ and atleast one out of every
six American soldiers in Iraq has it or will experience it.
http://blogs.salon.com/0002255/

===

Mother whose teenage son was shocked 16 times by police plans to sue

Davis said her son, Jim Wring, 18, still does not remember anything except
blinding flashes of pain from the night of Nov. 2. She also said her son,
who was hospitalized for three days, did not recognize her until the
afternoon after his run-in with police.
http://rawstory.com/news/2005/index.php?p=154

===

Anti-Soldier Vote:

Senate Republicans Defeat Military Exemption to Bankruptcy : U.S. Senate
Republicans blocked an effort by Democrats to shield military personnel
from changes to bankruptcy law that would force more debtors to repay their
creditors.
http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/?Page=Article&ID=2921

===

Aristide's Lavalas puts UN duplicity to the test in Haiti :

Evidence continues to mount of the United Nation's complicity in an
on-going campaign by the US-installed government of Gerard Latortue to
terrorize and exterminate sympathizers of President Jean-Bertrand
Aristide's political party
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=55&ItemID=7375

http://tinyurl.com/42dow

===

Buffett deepens dollar worries:

Warren Buffett has warned that the US trade deficit risks creating a
“sharecropper’s society” as his letter to shareholders sounded an
increasingly bearish tone about the value of the dollar.
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/14d1fb9c-8da0-11d9-a4d2-00000e2511c8.html

http://tinyurl.com/67c6c

===

Warren Buffett's Letter To the Shareholders of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.:

PDF Format
http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/2004ar/2004ar.pdf

===

"Do You Agree That a Coporation is a Person?":

"Does anybody have trouble with the belief that a corporation is a person?"
What are we? A nation of sheep?
http://www.counterpunch.com/stillwater03052005.html

===

Do not forget 'Bloody Sunday' :

"The freedom we won here in Selma and on the road to Montgomery was
purchased with the precious blood of many,"
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5/storyV5edselma307w.htm

http://tinyurl.com/672o4

===

-muslim voice-

http://us.click.yahoo.com/UwRTUD/UOnJAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of Hidayahnet unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from Hidayahnet, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links