I Wanted to obtained opinions of Managers/Supervisors in the histo world and
how you handle situations regarding recruiters calling directly into Pathology
Labs to specific tech's and stating they are seeking referrals for job
placements. I recently had an AP staffing solution company call one of my labs
to talk to any "histologist"  I felt was to recruit staff.  I feel this is an
unprofessional practice to call directly into the laboratory and to hide behind
the wording "referrals" when actually it appears they are trying to get
information from the tech on the phone seeing if they are looking for a "new
job".  I feel that this is an intrusion as well as inappropriate in our line of
business and we are not in the business to give referrals to companies in the
staffing solution arena for their monetary gain as well as trying to entice
our staff. What the staff does with these types of companies on personal time
is their business, however, I think it is offending for companies to
demonstrate this behavior.  If anyone would like to know which company and
person called into my lab I will personally inform you on private email!

Michael LaFriniere
Executive Director
CSM
Washington DC/Maryland/Virginia