1.) Bio companies may sell their mailing lists to other companies...
2.) Do you have any online subscriptions to anything? They may sell your info. 3.) I've heard of companies scanning Facebook and MySpace - is your home address is on them and set to public?

Just some guesses....

--On Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:07 PM -0600 Ingles Claire <cing...@uwhealth.org> wrote:

A certain company has recently started sending histo related fliers TO MY
HOUSE. I want to know where they got my home address, especially since I
have never actually done business with this company. Claire

________________________________

From: histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of JR R
Sent: Thu 12/11/2008 11:09 AM
To: histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Offended

Hi Michael,

Yeah, I can see how that would be annoying to you.  If you get a
solicitation call at work that bugs you--tell them to buzz off.

I don't know that you ought to let it hurt your feelings or something,
though.

In the world of business, it is reasonable to expect that head hunters
are at all times seeking to hire your best and brightest out from under
you--the way to stop them is by making it worth people's while to stick
around.

To my knowledge, histotechnologists are, as a rule of thumb, over-worked
and under-appreciated.

And yet they are darn handy to have around.

I suggest that you make it your personal mission to ensure that your
histotechs ARE NOT looking for another job.  That way, when a recruiter
calls, your techs say "Leave my current position?  What are you
crazy??!!!"

Jerry Ricks
Research Scientist
University of Washington