Hi Histonians,

I have experienced some difficulties in doing snapped freeze muscle biopsies
that need to be stained with the Modified Gomori's Trichrome by Engel, W.K.,
and Cunningham 1963.
When I stained the frozen tissue that has not been post or pre fixed, I am
getting red areas within this bundles that also have green in it. I know it
should be solid green with reddish nuclei and red intermyofibrillar muscle. I
truly believe this is an artifact. I checked the histonet archives and there
has been much talk about the stain but not how to correct this artifact Any
help will be appreciated.

John