Hi Histonet... Quick question!!

I'm doing Luxol Fast Blue staining on frozen human brain sections (1% LFB in
95% EtOH with Hydroquinone/Sodium Sulfite Differentiator) and trying to
counterstain with Cresyl Violet. Following Cresyl Violet incubation (0.1% for
5') my protocol calls for me to dehydrate the tissue in ethanol (95%x2, 100%x2)
but this pulls out basically all of my CV stain! Does anyone have a solution
for this?

Also, I have horrible frozen artifacts... is there anything I can do even
though the tissue has already been sectioned? What about during the sectioning
process?

Thanks in advance!

Nicole J. Patten
Post-Baccalaureate Fellow/IRTA