Dear Members,
I am trying to standardize the oil red o staining method in murine frozen
tissues using Churukian method.

I am having following queries.

1. The type and source of aqueous dextrin used in the staining procedure.
Search in sigma catalogue provided different types of dextrin (dextrin from
corn,maize and pottao starch etc). I want to know which should be used exactly
in this procedure. Unfortunately, I am not having the article published in
Journal of histotechnology to refer. Can any one please throw some light on the
type of the dextrin to be used and the source to buy if any.

2. Again the procedure mentions a counter stain called acidified Lillie-Mayer
hematoxylin. If there is any composition available to prepare the same or that
could be purchased directly from the manufacturers (I have seen Dako is having
the one).

Please clarify these two things

Thanks for all your help

Abijag

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out
Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/