From: WILLIAM DESALVO [mailto:wdesalvo....@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:51 PM
To: Johnson, Teri; histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Re: DIF tissue in GLUT

I suggest you use a counterstain for your IF to reduce the autofluoresence.
Evans Blue - the product can be used as a counterstain in immunohistochemistry
when using FITC. After staining for immunofluorescence, dip sections in a 0.1%
(w/v) in water solution of Evans Blue for 5-10 minutes. Rinse well in fresh PBS
or water before coverslipping. Reference: Immunocytochemistry, Theory and
Practice, p. 82 (1988). Purchase from Sigma-Aldrich.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)