I like this method too, and I would say it's one of the best. The only issue is
high throughput. When freezing 100+ samples the floating tray becomes much more
user friendly and believe it or not, the results are just as good.

--- On Wed, 2/24/10, Adam . <anonwu...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Adam . <anonwu...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Snap Freezing Tissue
To: "Andrea T. Hooper" <andreahoo...@rocketmail.com>
Cc: histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu, "Laurie Colbert"
<laurie.colb...@huntingtonhospital.com>, "Steve Pike" <ste...@mikronet.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 10:31 PM

I learned to freeze tissue by taking a beaker and filling it with
2-methylbutane and then placing that beaker in a liquid nitrogen bath. You then
take place your cryomold, hold it using some long forceps, and place it on the
top of the 2-methylbutane. It will freeze the entire thing in about 10 seconds.
Once it's frozen, you dip the entire mold into the 2-methylbutane. Seems to
work well for me.

Adam